The Biggleswade History Society has the primary objective of promoting the advancement of public education through the study of local history in Biggleswade. The objective is achieved by:
- Holding monthly meetings and outings
- Distribution of a monthly newsletter
- Holding and supporting exhibitions
- Representation at County meetings
- Publication of historical booklets
- Supporting conservation and preservation
- Local and family history research
- Registering our interests in conservation, heritage and history through review of planning applications, to Central Bedfordshire Council
Our new website has been designed to make it easier to navigate and adapts for viewing on mobile and handheld devices. If you have any suggestions on how it can be improved further, just drop us an email and let us know.
Jennifer Topham – Chairman
Membership is open to all who are interested in furthering this objective.
Please contact our Chairman, Jennifer Topham, 01767 313407 for details and enquiries about the Society.
We are pleased to announce the completion of the First World War Soldier Project. A team, led by Sandra Ransom has been working on an archive of all the service men and women from the Biggleswade area who took part in the 1914-1918 war. The team consisted of Jane Dale, Mary Dominey, the late Barbara Foxley, Geraldine Mason, Sandra Ransom, Judith Reed, Ann Rowlett, Jennifer Topham and David Wheeler. The archive consists of 774 records on individual service personnel.
For further information please go to Home>For Researchers>First World War Project> or click here.
A tribute to Ken Page, our late Life President, has been written by Jane Dale. Follow Home>For Researchers>People>Ken Page or click here.
All planned meetings have been suspended because of the Coronavirus pandemic. Updates will be posted on this page as they become available. Please click here to see the letter from Jennifer Topham.